Sunday, January 31, 2010

If I need someone to love...

You're the one that I'd be thinking of...If I needed someone. But I don't need someone to complete me. This isn't Jerry McGuire. My mom always said, "Samantha, men should just be dessert." Well damn it I love me some dessert. Who wouldn't like piece of good ol' American hot apple pie ala mode? Tasty fudge Brownies? Juicy chocolate covered strawberries? Maybe some warm German chocolate cake? Delicate French creme brulee? Hawaiian Pineapple upside-down cake? You know you want a creamy piece of Cuban flan (get your mind out of the gutter!).There's always room for Jell-o. Ok. Ok, I'll stop. But let's be honest men are a lot like dessert. Some are rich and fill you up. Others make you want to lick the bowl when you're done. Some are too sweet. There are the ones that you regret the next day. Then you have the ones that look great but don't sit well in your stomach. And who hasn't had that piece that just didn't fill you up? Ouch! But then there's that one dessert that you savor every bite. It's the reason you exercise. It's why you eat a light dinner. You rave about it to all your friends. You think about it long after it's gone and crave one more taste.

What was I saying about not needing a man?

I mean I like my sweets but you can't live on cake alone, at least not without champagne. So my goal was to make my life as tasty and as great as champagne. So far so good, I think. I'm definitely like a good champagne. I'm elegant but fun. I'm light and bubbly. Sophisticated. I have been known to be intoxicating and make you lightheaded. Everyone knows that champagne drunk is the most inviting drunk. You slip into it slowly. You start swaying to the music. You suddenly feel yourself smiling more with each sip. You long to hug and kiss others. Champagne makes girls giggle with their friends and twirl around like princesses. Champagne makes guys pat their best mate on the back and throw back a laugh caused by an old memory of mischief. Champagne is always classy. Champagne means a job well done. No one cries when there is Champagne going around. Champagne stands all on it's own without the need of anything to make it enjoyable. So yes, I am very much Champagne. Now I guess I just have to see what accoutrement goes best with Champagne. What's going to bring out my flavors? Is it going to be a nice piece cake?  I guess we'll see. In the meantime....


Carve your number on my wall and maybe you will get a call from me...If I needed someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment